Absolutely shocked at the quality of the laptops coming in, Both Dell and Lenovo.

BerlinKhan

9/8/19
Hello everyone ,,
So my company (large multinational) gets High end laptops for its workers and gets the 3 year premium warranty, after 3 years the laptops are data wiped and then either retired (recycling), Given to the employee to keep or stored for subcontractors and interns .
So we are in our cycle replacement right now và các máy tính mới là Top của i7 line 16gb 1080p screen NVME 512GB SSD laptops.
Were talking about 1.5-2K U $ D laptops,
And they are absolute shit
Dell
  • Already had users complain about bent hinges no fix there.
  • the Ethernet port is absolute trash, i was running PXE to load the corporate image and on about 20% of the laptops unless you pushed the RJ45 all the way in with the force of the damn hulk it would give issues and disconnects.
  • A few were overheating and out of curiosity i opened one, excessive use of thermal paste and the paste for the processor was like dry Playdoe which i had to manually scrap off the cpu, once cleaned up and re pasted with proper paste i had a 30 degree C drop at rest and 15 at load ... is this a joke? Dell is using some Shenzen special dollar store thermal paste on 2000 dollar laptops?
  • We have 3 year premium warranty and they keep fighting us on details like "yes, you have download and install our proprietary Windows iso and install that and rerun all the tests" ... on a laptop thats 90c at rest inside the bios, We just bought close vào một giá trị million trong máy tính với giá trị cao nhất từ bạn và bạn muốn yêu cầu một người dùng nào để xoá các dữ liệu nào để có thể gỡ bỏ bạn overheating laptop?
  • Dell in Raid mode for Intel Rapid storage + PXE = BSOD
Lenovo (this is supposed to be the highest rated Laptop manufacturer)
  • HDMI bắt đầu để làm việc không kết nối hoặc stops làm việc tất cả tại thời gian, chỉ câu lệnh này cần đóng khi gỡ bỏ hole ở dưới dưới của máy ảnh với một Sim Tool. (thanks to lenovo i have always had one on me), I có một Solution này, nhưng nó đã LIKE
  • Keys are falling off, a 2 laptop grand với 2 weeks của máy phục vụ và người cần đến me, Keys WTF?
  • Reviews state 12h batteries, real life experience puts it closer to 6 hours, i have not been able to get one of these to run for more then 4.5h on battery power, and i have users coming to me complaining and i have no answer for them,
  • They ALL overheat but they stay below the 105c thermal limit (havent had one go above 98c), i understand the laptop is thin and light but i cracked one open to see whats going on. The CPU was "stained" with thermal paste, it was more like they put a drop and thats enough, and only on the CPU core, the controller die next to it HAD NO PASTE on it. Who the hell is building these laptops?
Im just burned out and had to vent, 2 grand laptops i should just be able to set up with our PXE servers and hand to our users and they are giving us so much shit ... we´re not talking about 300 buck AMD E2 or Intel N4100 laptops off gearbest, these are top of the line laptops which people and companies pay good money for with the simple idea is that they are well built and made to last, and im seeing laptops which will probably start showing serious failures in months .
Edit: this has really blown up over the weekend, I'm really scared to go to work on Monday

Facebook Comment