Which Dell laptop is the best for college?

Redington

30/8/19
Hello everyone,,
I'm going to enter college this fall as an undecided student, and I think I'll need a laptop. My school offers a limited selection of Dell laptops through their Student Program and I'm having difficulty deciding but I've narrowed it down to four options: XPS 13 2-in-1 ($1,399), Latitude 5490 ($1,160), Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 ($949), and the Latitude 5290 2-in-1 ($1,149). Comparison of them here. They all have 3 year protection.
Since I'm an undecided student I don't how much computing power I'll need - but I'm thinking law, history, media studies, communications, and the like. I'm also hoping my laptop to lasts me 4 years+. The most important things to me in the laptop is the speed, computing power, display, and battery life. I don't really care if it's 2-in-1, but I guess it's nice to have. I actually prefer more notebook than tablet!
Right now I'm leaning towards the XPS 13 2-in-1, although it's a little expensive but not totally out of my budget. But wherever I can save money I will. I also like the Latitude 5490 but I don't know much about it and haven't seen many reviews.
In your professional or personal opinion - which of these Dell laptops is the best (price wise as well meets the needs of the average college student)? Does anyone have any of the Laptops I've mentioned and if so what is your experience with them? Or is there a better Dell laptop than other these options?

Facebook Comment